Read about La Bruja of the Cross Bronx Expressway

Monday, September 15, 2014

Why you should read Doctor Sleep, by Stephen King



I have not read Stephen King in many years, although I loved him from Carrie to It. It was both an urge to read his writing again, and to find out what happened to the two people who survived the Overlook Hotel, that made me read this book.

The novel was fully satisfying. It answered almost all of the old questions I was hoping he would not ignore. He embraced the old story and weaved it nicely into a new century. Characters are classic King. It is a horror story wrapped in pure Americana - making the incredible seem familiar and thus possible.

I recommend no one read this book before reading The Shinning first, those who do will be rewarded. However the book does stand on it's own and provides a full story to new readers. And yes, Jack Torrance does make a guest appearance!


I now go back to writing into the wind, until next time!

Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment